The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

In the pysche ward again........

I had a horrible dream last night. The first dream I have had in a long time. When I awoke early this morning, I knew something was not quite right about this day. I tried to remember what it was about but all I could remember is that it was dark and dreary and something very frightening about it.

I went over to get my eldest daughter up and she was yelling about stuff and I told her just to clean her room and get ready to to to her outing at a place called the grapevine. She goes there once a week. It is a place where people who are mentally ill can hang out and talk to others. She started yelling and calling me all kinds of nasty names for no reason. I knew it was a sign of what was to come. I tried to calm her down but she was not calming down. I got my husband and he tried to talk to her for awhile. It was not doing any good. She began yelling at him, telling him she wanted to die and she was going to cut her wrists or start cutting herself again. I called her therapist and he agreed to see her. I had already made plans to take her sister out to see the Star Wars Movie so My husband agreed to take her in to see her therapist.

She is in the hospital now trying to get herself straightenened out gain. It is so hard seeing her like this but, at the same time I am angry. At who or why, I don't really know. I am scared that some day she may really kill herself and we will not be around to stop her. We have prevented it so many times and each time I wonder about the next time. Will we be there? It scares me.

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

That's hard to take. It's okay to feel anger. I'm also feeling angry tonight for very little apparent reason. At elast you have a reason.

Dee said...

It upsets me that I feel angry though. She has no control over some of this and I am not sure exactly who I am angry at. I thinK I felt I should have gone with her but my husband felt it was best I was with the youngest and did what she had been looking forward to doing.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.