The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Still on edge....

I cried much of the morning until my daughters doc called and said he is upset with the people who had been treating her because they took her off the medicines he had given her the last time she was in the hospital. He talked to me for awhile and told me she was doing better and this was the best possible thing that could have happened at this time.

He is really finding more fault with the mental health clinic that is treating her then he did anyone.

I felt as though someone had just handed me a life line. Until recently we had been searching for a way to get our family help in this mess and no one could offer it. They did not seem to know what to do. They were upset because the drug the other doctors took her off of were the ones helping her skippering.

If you have not lived with someone who has this disease, you have no idea who horrible it is. I feel so helpless at times. But now they think they can help her and will tell us of other places we can go to in another county to get help for her as the places here are filled with people like her. They are overwhelmed at times.

I was cleaning her room the other night and saw some poem she had been writing about how tortured she felt. It is scary to read them. Horrible.

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I think you see a glimmer there. It may have to do for now. Good luck.

*~*Michelle*~* said...

Thoughts of support to you, Dee.

Melodee said...

Sending you my best wishes.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.