The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

age differences........

While checking out some of the other blogs I came across some that were written by very young women. I thought, now what do I have in common with these women and why would I even stop to read their blogs. Then I realized that in real life I am surrounded by young women from the college my daughter goes to and I talk to them and they call me mom. One calls me her 'mom way from home'. I like that. My daughter is very close to this girls mom and when she visits there she says the same thing to her mother. I enjoy those talks. From what I read in some of the blogs, these young women had the same problems I did when I was their age.

My circle of friends in real life is wide. I have some in their eighties or close to it and I have some in their teens. Late teens. Friendships know no age or color as far as I am concerned.

Will these girls respond? I don't know but it is fun visiting their blogs and posting to them there.

2 comments:

Bonita said...

I hope every woman will come to know her Mother, in love, and then cherish the time they have together. Because, all too soon, Mother is gone, and then you remember that much of what you are is because of her. I'm grateful to have two wonderful daughters.

Dee said...

bonnie..even with the problems I have with my eldest she is still a good person in so many ways. I love her and I think she loves me in her own way.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.