The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Why do I love to quilt?


I love to quilt. I have been doing it for about five years. Each time I make a quilt for someone, I try to think of what personality type they are. This one was made for my niece. She loves everything modern and does not seem to be too fond of the old fashioned stuff so I did not want her to have a traditional design. This is a geometric design that I created.

It is the idea that I can take pieces of material and create something that another person may like. I make up my own designs because I think each person is unique and the quilts I make for them should be unique. I am still amazed that I can take the scraps and make something out of them. I fret and worry over each quilt until it is done. I always see flaws in them and I worried until I read a book on amish quilting and it said that they will often put small flaws in their quilts because they believe no one is perfect and quilts should not be perfect. When I look at it that way, I worry less about those small flaws.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

This is absolutely lovely ... and it looks perfect to me. Very nice. Your niece will be proud to own it.

Anvilcloud said...

We have a friend who quilts, so I have some idea of the time that this takes. While most of us wouldn't have the patience, I'm glad that some do.

Lora said...

I' ve never quilted. Frankly, I can barely sew, but I so love the results of the craft. I recieved one homemade quilt several years ago and frankly I am still astounded that my friend went through all that trouble just for me.

Dee said...

Thanks. *s*

Gina said...

Sometimes the flaws in things make them all that more interesting to look at. Especially something like a quilt. I think yours is lovely.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.