The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Am I depressed?

I cannot decide if I am depressed over the fact that my daughter hooked up with a couple she just met and is not coming back home tonight or not. I am so used to her leaving with people she leaves on the net, I just start playing it by ear. I worry. Really worry about her falling in with the wrong people but there is so little I can do about it.

She is basically a good person but she is so gullible and people use her. It saddens me. She wants so much to be what she calls 'normal'. She wants to be accepted but some of the things she does is very damaging. I pray for her alot.

So I will just wait for her to call and tell me to come and get her again. And I will get her if that is what I need to do to help her.

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

We want the best for our kids but seem so helpless most of the time.

Wendy said...

I'm sorry you're going through this. Wish I could help.

Dee said...

The first time this happened, I was devastated. It has happened so often, I am worried and upset but not like I was that first time. I just keep praying.....

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.