The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Missionary Man

My husbands favorite radio station is one called BOB in the Pittsburgh area. It plays all theses songs that you do not normally hear on radio stations now. Not just oldies but new ones too. Well they played this song Missionary Man which I loved and I asked my husband who sang it. He kept saying wait and they will tell you who sang it. So I waited....And I waited some more. They did not tell me. I guess I was supposed to sit and guess who the singers were and that makes me quite perturbed at times.

Three days later and I still do not know so I decide to google it. It is by the EURYTHMICS and these are the lyrics..

Well I was born an original sinner.I was borne from original sin.
And if I had a dollar billFor all the things I’ve done
There’d be a mountain of moneyPiled up to my chin...
My mother told me good
My mother told me strong.
She said be true to yourself
And you can’t go wrong.
But there’s just one thing
That you must understand.
You can fool with your brother
-But don’t mess with a missionary man.
Don’t mess with a missionary man.
Don’t mess with a missionary man.
Well the missionary manHe’s got God on his side.
He’s got the saints and apostles
Backin’ up from behind.
Black eyed looks from those Bible books.
He’s a man with a missionGot a serious mind.
There was a woman in the jungle
And a monkey on a tree.
The missionary man he was followin’ me.
He said stop what you’re doing.
Get down upon your knees.
I’ve got a message for you that you better believe.(chorus repeats...)

No comments:

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.