The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Monday, January 16, 2006

It's better now.............

Those of you who have been reading my blog for a few months know of the troubles with my eldest and why things are the way they are. She came to get some of her things tonight and it was all very cordial. I have her on my yahoo list so I can reach her that way if she is on the computer but I really want to get her a cell phone. I talked it over with hubby and we are going to get one of those pay as you go phones for her.

She has a real credit problem and refuses to pay bills so I am taking over as her payee and paying the bills for her. I want to keep the lines of communication open for her so she knows that no matter what, she has a family and a place to come to if she needs us. We cannot do that if we are constantly fighting with her. I know the time will come when she will need us again and I will be there for her. That is what being a mom is about. I feel better now that I know she is okay and we are back on speaking terms.

I can sleep now.

5 comments:

Leesa said...

Wow, I wish my mother had thought the way you do. Actually all mothers would be good.

Wendy said...

I'm so glad for you - for your peace right now. I know it's not perfect, but it's good. You're a VERY GOOD mom!!!

Bonita said...

How good of you to step in to help, and to cultivate love and detachment so the communication will be open. You will find good things happening down the road.

Dee said...

Thank you guys. I needed that. She called again today and we were able to talk and set up plans for the next time we see each other and I can give her the phone. That will be next week some time.

M. C. Pearson said...

Wow, it must be so hard. I'll be praying for you and your family Dee. I am impressed with your love.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.