The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Other blogs

I wonder how many of you have blogs on other sites and do you compare them to this site? If so, how does this site compare to them?

I have one on Myspace where I rarely visit and each time I do, it is like I never left cause so much of it stays the same. But I still blog there occasionally and surf the blocs there. I find it is more for the younger generation though. I also have one on live journal. I go there if I am interested in discussing my hobbies. That is not often either.

I like this place better because of diversity. The age group does not seem to matter as much either. Bloggers here of all ages seem to accept me. The only thing I do not care for is the fact that they do not have a way of finding bloggers with certain interest the way line journal does. But think of what I would miss if I came on and only went to where the writers, photographers and quilters blogged. I think I would miss out on so much more.

If I had not gone wondering, I never would have found some of the ones who are my favorites. I will not say who they are cause I enjoy reading all the blogs on here. And I am thankful to all of you who come to read mine.

7 comments:

M. C. Pearson said...

Hey there! I am so glad you do wander...thanks for visiting me a few days ago and the cheerful words to me about my pneumonia. I'm still feeling ill but getting better so I've decided to make my rounds and visit those who so nicely visited me during my down time. I love blogger too. There is a way to register your blog and seek others with similar interests...I forgot how but my friend Bonnie Calhoun from Bonnie Writes (her link is on my blog) can tell you I'm sure! Just tell her that Mimi sent ya. Were good friends. I'll be looking around your blog for a while to get to know you better.

God Bless,
Mimi

Wendy said...

I'm glad you wandered too. This is my only site ... I couldn't keep up with more than one.

Dee said...

jon..I went surfing for blogs one day and there you were. *s*

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Hi Dee...Bonnie Calhoun here! I see you visited one of my manuscript blogs. In answer to your question, there is a kazillion Christian writer and author sites.

Christian writing has been so hot! If you go to my main page...the one attached to my little blue name on this post. The whole left side-bar column is mostly christian writers and authors.

I have secular writer friends to, so there are some in the list, but you'll be able to tell the difference.

PS I am rolling on the floor over the 15 things to do at Walmart. I'd like to use that as a post, I'll give you credit for it!

If you want a long conversation view my profile page and my e-mail link is at the top!

M. C. Pearson said...

Hey! Glad to see you've met Bonnie. She is a hoot! And a great friend as well.

It is funny how we are all different yet have so many simular experiences! The name thing always makes me laugh. So many people have that experience!

~Mimi

Dee said...

bonnie...Hi. I have been to your blogs a few times but have only posted once or twice on them. Thanks for dropping by. Go ahead and use the walmart thing. *s*

niceheart said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I have only one blog too. Can't keep up with more than one either.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.